And we’re off

And things have gotten more complicated, naturally.

As you may or may not have known, Ike is appearing to be aiming pretty much straight for Houston right now and expected to make landfall Saturday morning, which is exactly when my doctor would like me to go into labor on my own.

So this morning, we’re going to have to make some unexpected choices, balancing the unknowns that the hurricane brings and my health and the cooperation of the baby. This was never going to be a super simple process (nothing with us ever is!) but things have gotten more complicated now.

We’ll keep you updated on what the doctor suggests and what we decide to do as the day progresses.

This entry was posted in about us, babies. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to And we’re off

1. amy says:

Thinking of you today Kat! I’m sure everything will work out just fine… I was wondering what was going to happen with Ike on his way! Don’t worry, I’m sure Poppy won’t let him steal her thunder. 😉

I’ll be watching for updates!!

2. Brenda says:

Sending many thoughts, prayers, and love to you right now!!

3. Kathy says:

Thinking of you!!

4. Lauren says:

Thinking of you, Kat and Josh!

5. Jocelyn says:

Just think…you’ll have fantastic stories to tell Poppy about when she was born.

I’ll be thinking of you guys and praying for you!

6. Amanda says:

Kat,

Thinking and praying for you, Josh, & Poppy. Everytime they said Ike was heading for Houston, I kept thinking that it needs to go somewhere else b/c Poppy needs to be born this weekend!

7. Barbara says:

I’ll be thinking of you, and will be watching this blog for news. I agree that you will have quite a story to tell Miss Poppy as she grows up. Be sure to save the newspaper for the day she is born so you can show her what was going on.

Love
    Grannie

8. crabapple0222 says:

I’ve been thinking about you and your family with this silly storm coming.

I’ll keep you all in my prayers!

9. momma says:

And didn’t i just talk to you and all was well!
    funny what a difference and hour or so makes…
    Love and prayers are following you and Josh from all of us up here in Alaska…guess it was a good thing i didn’t fly down last night huh?!

Just let the puppers know grandma loves them…give them puppy hughs from me!

love ya miss ya momma