Weekends – 1-1=3

Only in knitting does this math make sense.

I had this one skein of yarn, so I was trying to get rid of it. Knit something up and decided it needed a border. So I went to the store, bought another skein in a different color. So now 1-1=2. On a whim, I weighed the blanket and found that the blanket weighed less than the new skein of yarn I had bought. (Things like this happen when yarn sits in your stash with no label for years.)

I was prepared for a big deep border, but now, the border would be bigger than the blanket, and that just wouldn’t be cool.

So I found a new pattern, which, surprise, surprise, meant I needed yet another skein of yarn. So now 1-1+1+1=3. Acres of garter stitch later, all the yarn was used up (almost to the last gram) and I’m really happy with the results.

Isn’t it pretty?

It’s a nine patch knitted “quilt.” It had the double benefit of using up the yarn and meaning I got to knit a quilt pattern, something I’ve wanted to do for a while. Which makes me sound like such a cool person to hang out with!

Now, internets, for the results of your vote on Tutu, the ballerina monster.

Only arms and make them orange 10%
Only arms and make them multi colored 8%
Both arms and legs and make them orange 22%
Both arms and legs and make them multi colored 2%
Limbs and make them pink. Even if it does mean buying more yarn. 0%
She’s perfect jus the way she is! 57%

However, my husband argued his point that his vote should could for 25% than the anonymous internets and he cast his vote for arms only in orange.

So I obliged.

First position

Second position.

Or something like that 🙂

Someone’s a fan

With the leftover yarn (to avoid another 1-1=3 situation) I made a stay put bib. Whoever thought velcro on a bib was a good idea clearly never met a one year old.

Also up this weekend, a little bit of home decorating

With a very industrious helper

I’ll hold it steady Daddy, I promise

Or maybe not

Wasn’t I doing it right?

Pretty sure that’s not proper safety

All done!

This entry was posted in Josh, knitting, Marion. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Weekends – 1-1=3

  1. Jen says:

    “Whoever thought velcro on a bib was a good idea clearly never met a one year old.”

    Or a washing machine! I hate finding them stuck to socks!

  2. Jill says:

    I love TuTu – I think she is perfect. I think it is funny that Josh said his vote should count as more. In our house we have what Derek likes to call 51/49 – which means he gets 51% say and everyone else gets to split the remaining 49%! I am just glad he loves me so much (and he is a smart man) that he normally sides with me!!! By the way, the blanket looks amazing!
    Love ya,
    Jill

  3. Linda says:

    Ok, so even though I voted for no arms, I have to admit that with the arms she’s pretty darn cute! Way to go Josh! 🙂

  4. kpow says:

    Love the quilt blanket!

  5. jen says:

    The knitted quilt is Beautiful! You are one talented knitter! Enjoy:)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s